Re: Clarification of allowed context for crypto routines

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 22:08:20 EST

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 09:01:13PM +0300, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

> - all usage is kmap_atomic; which implies it should be technically safe
> (not advisable) to use in interrupt context as well

kmap_atomic has limited slots, we currently use two slots for
process context and two slots for softirq context. Adding support
for hardirq context can be done by using another two slots but
that would mean adding another conditional branch in the code path.

As it stands I have not seen any convincing use cases that would
justify this.

Cheers,