Re: Linux 2.6.29-rc2

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 13:29:14 EST

On Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:33 am Paul Rolland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:58:55 -0800 (PST)
>
> Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It's out there now, or at least in the process of mirroring out.
>
> I'm getting this that I didn't have previously when running 2.6.28
> (and I think 2.6.29-rc1) :
>
> [drm:drm_wait_vblank] *ERROR* failed to acquire vblank counter, -22
> [drm:drm_wait_vblank] *ERROR* failed to acquire vblank counter, -22
>
> This seems to occur when X is running to turn off the screen due to
> inactivity...

This indicates that userspace was trying to wait for an event on a pipe that
was disabled. There are some fixes in Mesa to help avoid that (especially at
app startup time); for the most part though they're harmless, since Mesa will
eventually figure out which pipe to wait on and you won't see additional
errors.