Re: hardware time stamping with optional structs in data area

From: Patrick Ohly
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 15:40:20 EST

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 07:04 +0200, David Miller wrote:
> From: Patrick Ohly <patrick.ohly@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:07:37 +0100
> See fs/compat_ioctl.c:dev_ifsioc() for how to handle the
> "32-bit process under 64-bit kernel" issue wrt. struct ifreq

Thanks, will do.

> Just consolidate the array into a direct conversion table. You only
> have 2 bits defined so you only need an array of 4 entries. Pass the
> optional flag bits directly in as the index of that table.

How can I get some code executed during the initialization of the IP
stack which initializes the table, before any sk_buff gets allocated?

The content is constant, but writing it down as static initializers
using just preprocessor macros would be difficult and/or ugly - that's
why I haven't done it already.

Bye, Patrick