Re: What happened to this NIC? Any ideas?

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Sun Jan 25 2009 - 16:22:23 EST

markus reichelt wrote:

Just for the fun of it, I plugged the faulty NIC into a sole win
machine, it worked. Doesn't work in the linux machine afterwards,
though. First time that I observe such strange behaviour, any ideas
what could be the cause?

Did you put it in the same slot? Was there a firmware upgrade recently?
Those are the things I would check, but not with any great expectation of finding the cause.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>