Re: Switching from (deprecated) IDE driver -> SATA (PATA support)(found solution (scratch that))

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Sun Jan 25 2009 - 08:08:43 EST

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Alan Cox wrote:

Hm, I may have spoke too fast:

Added: (IDE ONLY), no SATA:
image=/boot/2.6.26-6
label=2.6.26-6
read-only
root=current

p254:/boot# lilo
Added 2.6.26-6 *
Added 2.6.28-4
p254:/boot#

Set to current.

p254:/boot# grep =current /etc/lilo.conf
root=current
root=current
p254:/boot#

The reason current may have worked before is because I manually booted with
root=/dev/sdd2 (after I saw the error that it could not find root,302, etc)

So I am booting the old kernel without the SATA drivers with root=current
to see if it works..

Nope, so I need to figure out how to get the UUID= option working in LILO.

Justin.