Re: [patch] tlb flush_data: replace per_cpu with an array

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Jan 14 2009 - 10:05:35 EST

> To be fair, it also depends on whenever HOTPLUG_CPU is on or not (if it
> is we allocate NR_CPUS percpu sections).

not true to my knowledge. Even a !HOTPLUG_CPU kernel doesn't
allocate more than what is in the possible map. That would be dumb
if it was true, but it isn't fortunately.

I don't think it does.
In that case, which is Ubuntu's
> and Fedora's,

You're saying that Ubuntu and Fedora do not support suspend to ram?
(suspend to ram requires CPU hotplug). At least my Fedora box
does S3 just fine so that cannot be correct.

we do save memory.
> This would make for a fairly long changelog, how about a link to this
> thread, and removing the NR_CPUS bit?

My original paragraph is correct and it's not long. At least your
claim is just wrong.

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.