Re: Can we get warnings from the x86 userspace headers fixed?

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 17:14:50 EST

[Sam Ravnborg - Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:28:55PM +0100]
| Hi Ingo.
|
| We have recently introduced a lot of new warnings for our
| userspace headers.
|
| Try to do a "make headers_check" and enjoy...
|
| Are there any chance you could ask one of your helpers to
| start to look into the x86 specific ones?
|
| If we get x86 clean this would create more incentive to
| make the generic clean too.
|
| I had originally planned to attack the generic headers
| (include/linux/*) but I'm faced by reality after my
| vacation and has almost no spare time for the time being.
|
| I already fixed the sparc headers but that is not
| visible compared to x86 (the fixes was btw easy).
|
| I can try to help by doing a few reviews in the
| beginning but I need to fix kbuild stuff first where
| I have a few serious issues pending. And lacks time...
|
| Sam

Sam, I hope to find some spare time for this
tomorrow (it's night here). At least in one
moment headers_check assume that CONFIG is exported
into user space even being bound by pure C comments.

---
/home/cyrill/projects/kernel/linux-2.6.git/usr/include/asm/e820.h:13: leaks
CONFIG_NODES to userspace where it is not valid
---

Just a note.

- Cyrill -