Re: RFC: Network privilege separation.

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 15:25:27 EST

> What's the point of writing a parser (that could also have bugs) when the

Sorry you lost me. What do you mean with parser here?

> kernel can do it?

And what does it have to do with the kernel?

> A normal DVD would be over 30 megabytes per seconds once decoded, just for the
On many modern systems 30MB/s copies is nothing ... Also in this
case they tend to be cache hot, which makes them much cheaper.

Yes it would be somewhat slower, but if it avoids a couple of security
updates that would be probably worth it.

-Andi
--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.