Re: intel kms "Failed to allocate space for kernel memory manager"

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 12:57:23 EST

On Monday, January 12, 2009 12:37 am Jan Dittmer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > the latest git should work with kms on most chipsets, we are still
> > chasing down some issues on some chipsets,
>
> So is there anything I can test to help you get it going on 'my' chipset
> (GM965, Lenovo X300)?

I do much of my testing on GM965, so you should be able to get it to work with
the latest bits:
- libdrm from git master of mesa/drm
- mesa from git master of mesa/mesa
- xf86-video-intel from git master
- drm-intel-next from anholt's kernel tree
(git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/anholt/drm-intel)

You'll need to use UXA as your AccelMethod. If you run into issues with the
above, please file bugs (if you don't already see your issue filed) at
bugs.freedesktop.org.

Thanks,