Re: 2.6.29-rc1 does not resume on Lenove T61

From: Zdenek Kabelac
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 07:50:31 EST

2009/1/12 Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxx>:
> On Monday 12 January 2009, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:

>> > Please check if unloading all of the USB controller modules before suspend
>> > helps.
>>
>> I've booted to single mode without usbcore module (thus any load of
>> other usb modules fails)
>> (removed from initramdisk as well)
>>
>> This time the resume stops with these 3 lines (I'm using
>> no_console_suspend kernel option):

>> thinkpad_acpi thinkpad_acpi: EARLY resume
>> thinkpad_hwmon thinkpad_hwmon: EARLY resume
>> Enabling non-boot CPUs...
>
> So it seems we have broken CPU hotplug again.
>
> Does disabling/enabling CPU1 using
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online work?
>
> If it does, please boot with 'no_console_suspend' in the kernel command line,
> run:
>
> # echo core > /sys/power/pm_test
> # echo 8 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
> # echo mem > /sys/power/state
>
> and see what happens (you need to have PM_DEBUG set in the kernel .config).
>
> Please send dmesg output generated right after the above (if it works).

I've taken from another Ingo's thread the idea to revert patch:

7503bfbae89eba07b46441a5d1594647f6b8ab7d

With this patch reverted and o/e/uhci_hcd & usbhid modules removed
before pm-suspend
(usbcore could be loaded, I've not trace which one of those usb
modules makes the problem)
my system resumes properl again.

Zdenek

PS: I'll do the above 'echo' trace later (being busy right now).