Re: build breakage -- paravirt_{alloc,free}_ldt

From: Jaswinder Singh Rajput
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 06:52:20 EST

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> * Jaswinder Singh Rajput <jaswinderlinux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It works for me for my old 166 MHz pentium machine after crashing the
>> system, 'git diff' tells which files are broken ;-)
>
> That's cool from Git :-)
>
> Thinking about it, it might not necessarily detect all corruption patterns
> though: git diff is sys_lstat() driven - so if a corruption corrupts a
> single block on the filesystem (in a working tree file), git diff wont
> know about that.

I face these problems very often when I compile kernel in old 166 MHz
machine system often freezes during compilation and that machine is
having ext2 filesystem after rebooting the system some inodes are
deleted and then I start getting funny errors. So 'git diff' tells me
which files are broken and then 'git reset --hard origin' again
provide me working system :-)

--
JSR