Re: hp accelerometer: fix LED handling and add freefall detection

From: Éric Piel
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 04:33:32 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
> lis3 chip can provide interrupt when it detects freefall; it is done
> by hardware and is rather reliable. This adds (experimental) support
> for it.
>
> LED on HP notebooks is connected through ACPI. That unfortunately
> means that it needs to be delayed by using schedule_work() to avoid
> calling ACPI interpretter in invalid context. This patch fixes that.

Hi Pavel,
Thanks a lot for doing it! I'll test it this week. However, I think
eventually the LED fix and the freefall infrastructure should be two
different patches. Also, while adding the freefall support, you should
add the info in the doc, as well as the little C program demonstrating
its use.

See you,
Eric