Re: Is it possible for a module to load in use a shared object(.so) ?

From: Jon Masters
Date: Sun Jan 11 2009 - 00:37:59 EST

On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 19:42 -0800, Jose Luis Marchetti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know a module can load another module, but is it possible for a
> module to use a shared object (.so) file ?

Nope. Not directly. The only in-kernel use of "shared objects" is in the
quasi-shared object that is VDSO, but that's entirely different (the
kernel provides what looks like a shared library to userspace).

Also, you probably want to ask these questions on the kernelnewbies
mailing list, and check the archive for similar questions - both of
these questions you asked this evening have come up before :)

Jon.