Re: New true IDE compact flash driver starting point?

From: Dick Hollenbeck
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 13:23:13 EST

Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Thursday 08 January 2009, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
I've done something similar to this for 8250 serial ports, but I am having a difficult time finding out how to do this with pata_platform.c

Just grep for pata_platform_info to find example code.

Arnd <><
Thanks again Arnd. I did that yesterday and got it working last night! The only thing I have questions about are:

1) Since this is for a quasi realtime application, is there any advantage to using the interrupt line regarding how the CPU spends its idle time waiting for the flash? (I have an interrupt line I can use.) Currently I am not sending in the IRQ resource, resource array length of 2, not 3.

2) I am getting this message during boot up: "Driver 'sd' needs updating - please use bus_type methods". Again this is kernel 2.6.26. It seems like this can be safely ignored, but if its easy to get rid of that I would be happy to back port a patch.

I really appreciate your help.

Dick Hollenbeck