Re: [RFC 2.6.27 1/1] gpiolib: add support for batch set of pins

From: Robin Getz
Date: Tue Jan 06 2009 - 17:42:23 EST

On Wed 31 Dec 2008 13:05, Jaya Kumar pondered:
> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:38 AM, Robin Getz <rgetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> The currently posted code already supports spanning more than one gpio_chip.
> >>

> > But doesn't do all the other things that David suggested/requested.
>
> Hi Robin,
>
> Yes, you are right. My implementation does not support a driver that
> needs to set/get more than 32-bits of gpio in a single call. I'm okay
> with that restriction as I don't see a concrete use case for that.

It's not the more than 32-bits that I'm concerned about - it is spanning
more than one register. (if all the GPIOs that are left on the board are
2, 64, and 128, where 2, and 64 are part of the SOC's GPIO, and 128 is on
a GPIO expander - which is a common use case - is this handled?)