[BUG] 2.6.28 hates my RTC clock - with PM_TRACE set

From: Jike Song
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 09:19:37 EST

$ zgrep PM_ /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_PM_DEBUG=y
# CONFIG_PM_VERBOSE is not set
CONFIG_CAN_PM_TRACE=y
CONFIG_PM_TRACE=y
CONFIG_PM_TRACE_RTC=y
CONFIG_PM_SLEEP_SMP=y
CONFIG_PM_SLEEP=y
CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION="/dev/sda6"
CONFIG_X86_PM_TIMER=y

2.6.28 can't resume from suspend to RAM on my HPC NX6325. I don't
know if v2.6.27-v2.6.28-rc9 works, I can only make sure that 2.6.26
works well;-(

So I re-compiled 2.6.28 with CONFIG_PM_DEBUG and CONFIG_PM_TRACE set,
and run this script as per Documentation/power/s2ram.txt:

#!/bin/sh
sync
echo 1 > /sys/power/pm_trace
echo mem > /sys/power/state

As usually, it suspended to RAM successfully. But after I press the
power button, it won't come back, giving me nothing but a black
screen. So I hold the power button done for about 5 seconds, then the
computer halted(it's only a hardware feature of the southbridge,
right? ;-), silently, without any output on the always-black screen.

So the PM_TRACE code was broken, right?

After rebooting the computer, I found I was in the year 1988! And I
do the suspend-hold_power_button-reboot once again, now it is 2040
years A.D.

The .config file was attached.

--
Thanks,