Re: [git patches] libata hibernation fixes

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 03:34:43 EST

Tejun Heo wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:
This adds code at a late stage (heading towards -rc4), but does
eliminate a particular spin-up overcycling behavior associated with
hibernation.

Rafael's extended description below... Separated to make it easier to
pull-or-not, separate from the other libata fixes. There shouldn't be
any merge trouble between the two.

SATA: Blacklist systems that spin off disks during ACPI power off

Jeff, I think this should be merged into 2.6.29 unless Linus still
objects. Linus, as discussed in this thread, this is workaround for a
hardware / firmware problem and vanilla windows also suffers the
problem, so as ugly as it is, we need this to prevent double spin down
on the machine.

(Just returned from New Year's holiday)

Yes, I definitely want to put it in as well.

Jeff