Re: XFS internal error xfs_da_do_buf(1) at line 2015 of file fs/xfs/xfs_da_btree.c

From: Adam Nielsen
Date: Sun Jan 04 2009 - 04:03:44 EST

This is a typical result of a power loss scenario with write caches
enabled and without barriers. Given that md can't pass through barriers
did you disable the write caches on your disk?

No, I didn't realise I had to do that...in fact I didn't even realise SATA disks *had* write caches, I thought the cache was for reading only...

Run xfs_repair over it to fix up the directory, and make sure to
configure your disks properly so that it doesn't happen again..

Will do, thanks for the advice! Is there any standard way to disable write caching on a SATA disk? hdparm -W seems to do the trick, but then I can't run that until the system is up and running, leaving a small window of opportunity for something to go wrong.

Thanks again,
Adam.