Re: [ath5k-devel] Bugs on aspire one A150

From: Maxim Levitsky
Date: Wed Dec 31 2008 - 11:51:50 EST

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 09:03 -0500, Bob Copeland wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:18:45AM +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Sure, will test, I am also sure that this will work.
> >
> > A110L, 2.6.28, success (also inverted here, traffic blanks it).
>
> Thanks for testing.
>
> By inverted, do you mean that it is off when it should be on and
> vice-versa? If so, you can change it to 'sc->led_on = 0' instead
> of 1. Let me know if I should make that change in the patch.

Actually, I even thought that this is right behavior, here on iwl3945
led is always on, and blinks while traffic is send, also same on
windows, but feel free to invert the polarity.

What does bother me is, that led state gets inverted dynamically, that
is system starts with default 'led always on', but after some time
switches to 'always led off' and after sometime again switches back.
This does seem to be software problem, at least according to sysfs
interace.

And I think led blinks too fast, sometimes it is hard to even see it.
It might even shorten led life, but this is just a guess.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky