Re: mismatch_cnt, random bitflips, silent corruption(?), mdadm/swraid[156]

From: Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe
Date: Wed Dec 31 2008 - 06:39:40 EST

Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Options/alternatives for maintaining data integrity?
> 3. Keep an md5sum for each file on the filesystem and run daily checks?

I'm doing this since about 6 years now with all of my files and I never
experienced any silent corruption.
I also regularly experience MD mismatch_cnt effects on RAID1 with ext2/3
filesystems with heavy file removal/creation load (even before MD
implemented its self-check features - I cmp-ed and corrected them
manually before) and they all seem to have been related to metadata,
i.e. inodes.

regards
Mario
--
[mod_nessus for iauth]
<delta> "scanning your system...found depreciated OS...found