Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for temp/voltagemonitoring)

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Tue Dec 30 2008 - 07:26:49 EST

The HECI interface would allow lm_sensors developers to grab the temperatures off the chips on the board.

From 2005(?)-2008 there was some chatter about supporting it but it never
seemed to happen, is there any eventual planned support for supporting Intel's HECI interface or if the user wants to see the temperatures/voltages just buy a different motherboard with an ITE I/O controller?

I have a couple DG965WH boards and it would be nice to see the temperature of the chipset etc without having to reboot into the BIOS.

Justin.