Re: [dm-devel] Re: jbd2 inside a device mapper module

From: Alex Tomas
Date: Tue Dec 30 2008 - 02:09:20 EST

one good thing about JBD is that you can't update target block and csum
atomically. so, either you use some form of COW or you use journalling.
given we already have JBD it'd make sense to use it?

thanks, Alex

Alberto Bertogli wrote:
I think I'll go with the "two metadatas" approach and see how it goes.
Worst case scenario is that I have to drop that code, which means to be
back where I am now, only with one less option.

Thanks,
Alberto