Re: [ofa-general] Re: linux-next: origin tree build failure

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 16:48:33 EST

> > I'd suggest
> >
> > config IF_IPV6
> > bool
> > depends on INET
> > depends on !(INFINIBAND = y && IPV6 = m)
> > default y
>
> Makes sense, will do. How about calling it INFINIBAND_USE_IPV6 or
> something like that, though? (Since it's under the INFINIBAND config
> stuff and exists to forbid INFINIBAND=y && IPV6=m trying to use IPv6).

Actually, thinking about this for 30 more seconds, I'm not sure how
another config symbol helps at all. I do like splitting dependencies
onto multiple lines as a replacement for &&, so I have:

config INFINIBAND_ADDR_TRANS
bool
depends on INET
depends on !(INFINIBAND = y && IPV6 = m)
default y

right now.

Not sure if it's worth introducing another Kconfig symbol that depends
on IPV6 != n to avoid the

#if defined(CONFIG_IPV6) || defined(CONFIG_IPV6_MODULE)

tests. I note that there are tons of that construction all over the
tree, and the places without it look somewhat dubious (eg
net/ipv4/ip_gre.c looks as if it will do the wrong thing if IPV6=m).
Maybe adding CONFIG_IPV6_ENABLED or something and cleaning up the whole
tree would be a good janitorial project?

- R.