Re: [GIT]: Networking

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 12:18:05 EST

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:25:15 +0100 Andreas Mohr <andi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Adrian Bunk (1):
> >
> > The overdue eepro100 removal.
>
> That would be a rather pronounced NAK then? (sorry ;)
> (reason: rendering my web surfing box useless due to networking loss,
> see thread "[RFC/PATCH] e100 driver didn't support any MII-less PHYs...")
>
> AFAICS e100 is still "non-MII"-challenged (2.6.28 doesn't appear to have
> the necessary changes, and this pull doesn't seem to contain updates either),
> and a long chain of attempts to get this resolved hasn't worked yet.

I didn't know about this, and that patch has been around for a
loooooooong time. Please make more noise about these things.

> Somehow I seem to hit some nice walls getting my stuff into kernel.
> - e100 MII

What's that? Does it make your web surfing work again?

> - i810 AGP resume fix

Whats that?

> - acx100 (ok, that one is a bit mean to add to this list ;)

What's that?

Just resend everything, please, fulyl changelogged, with all necessary
cc's.

> - ...
> ALSA patches handled by Takashi OTOH were almost always a
> "bammm, in it is, there you are, HAND".

Fell free to cc me on these things - especially bugfixes. I help
prevent things from getting lost.