Re: DEBUG_PAGEALLOC + order-10 alloc/free_pages = lockup

From: Tony Battersby
Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 09:31:06 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> I also wonder who is doing an order 10 allocation... that'd worry me ;)

I was waiting for someone to ask that. This is for an embedded device
that spends most of its time doing DMA. Almost all of main memory is
allocated as an I/O buffer right after booting. I don't actually need
high-order allocations, but since Linux supports it, I use it to reduce
the number of scatter/gather entries and associated overhead. Works
great most of the time, except when I hit this bug.

Tony