Re: [git pull] sparseirq / irq updates for v2.6.29

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sun Dec 28 2008 - 19:39:14 EST

Yinghai Lu wrote:

> 1. one time path add one dummy printk
> 2. multi path, could move it to another file.
> could add one like kernel/weak.c to collect those ...

I had a silly thought about scanning the source code for some kind of
magic declarator that would then be collected into a master weak symbol
dummy function kind of file. It really seems more trouble than it's
worth; we don't have *that* many weaks in the kernel, not all of them
are trivial, and that way it's better to keep them as close as we can to
the point of usage.

-hpa