kernel bug in openSUSE 11.1 64 bit

From: John Dierks
Date: Sun Dec 28 2008 - 17:14:26 EST

Greetings -

I am a newbie and not familiar with the accepted way of posting bugs,
so I am simply sending you a link to the appropriate forum discussion.

I believe we have a kernel bug in the released version of openSUSE 11.1 (64 bit).

I have confirmed what another user (ansbar) found: Any attempt to install 64 bit
11.1 from DVD or NET media onto a D945GCLF2 platform results in a
kernel oops soon after the version of kernel supplied with the distribution
loads and runs.

As an aside, the platform I attempted to upgrade currently is running 11.0 (64 bit),
which has been running without any evidence of problems.

I hope the discussion gives you enough info to go on. If not, feel free to
ask questions. Here's the link:

http://forums.opensuse.org/install-boot-login/402136-kernel-panic-11-1-64bit.html

Thanks,
John Dierks