Kernel 2.6.28 regression: Hang after hibernate

From: Frank Groeneveld
Date: Sun Dec 28 2008 - 15:34:43 EST

Hi,

Today I tried the new kernel and found out it has a regression. With
kernel 2.6.27 I never had problems resuming from hibernate, but with
2.6.28 it hangs. The output is something like this (it's not exactly,
I skipped some words that are before the PCI lines):

PM: read .. MB in .. seconds
SDA: Synchronizing SCSI cache
r8169: PME# enabled
PCI INT A disabled
PCI INT D disabled
PCI INT B disabled
PCI INT C disabled
PCI INT D disabled
PCI INT A disabled
Disabling non-boot CPUs
CPU1 is now offline
CPU1 is down
CPU2 is now offline
CPU2 is down
CPU3 is now offline
CPU3 is down
SMP Alternatives: switching to UP code

I first thought it's the same as bug 12155, but I'm not sure it is.
If there's any other ouput I can send to help, let me know.

Regards,
Frank Groeneveld