Re: ext3 defaults to errors=continue, why?

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Fri Dec 26 2008 - 22:03:41 EST

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008, Pavel Machek wrote:
I don't know where errors=continue came from (and I think its
dangerous);

In lib/ext2fs/ext2_fs.h (from e2fsprogs) a default is set:

#define EXT2_ERRORS_CONTINUE 1 /* Continue execution */
#define EXT2_ERRORS_RO 2 /* Remount fs read-only */
#define EXT2_ERRORS_PANIC 3 /* Panic */
#define EXT2_ERRORS_DEFAULT EXT2_ERRORS_CONTINUE

...which is then referenced in lib/ext2fs/initialize.c - but I agree, I find this dangerous myself and the first thing I do after mkfs is always to tune2fs to remount-ro.

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #39:

terrorist activities