[BUG] Kernel Panic with ath5k and 2.6.28

From: Patrizio Bassi
Date: Thu Dec 25 2008 - 15:25:54 EST

Kernel Panic with ath5k and 2.6.28

Hi all,

Today i migrated to 2.6.28 and ath5k from 2.6.27 and madwifi.
I have a trust speedshare turbo 108mb/s card
Connection is ok, even with WPA.

The problem i met is when i tried to bridge the wifi and the eth interface.

I just rebuild the kernel with the bridge module enabled (builtin) and
i got the panic
in the picture (http://www.patriziobassi.it/downloads/ath5k_panic.jpg)
when i try to put the wifi interface up on startup with old script configuration

The strange thing is that i'm not adding it to the bridge, i just have
it in the kernel and i'm enabling the interface.
Eth interface goes up flawlessy.
Workaround is to boot the laptop without the card plugged it (pcmcia)
or do not compile the bridge into the kernel.

Attaching the working config. the broken just has the bridge module enabled.

I'm ready to test all the patches/suggestions you may provide.

Config is at http://www.patriziobassi.it/downloads/config-2.6.28

I wish u all merry xmas.

CC me i'm not subscribed

---