[patch 0/2] stop_machine: create kstop threads only when needed

From: Heiko Carstens
Date: Mon Dec 22 2008 - 06:45:43 EST

Introduce stop_machine_create/destroy. With this interface subsystems
that need a non-failing stop_machine environment can create the
stop_machine threads before actually calling stop_machine.
When the threads aren't needed anymore they can be killed with
stop_machine_destroy again.

When stop_machine gets called and the threads aren't present they
will be created and destroyed automatically.

This restores the old behaviour of stop_machine from 2.6.27 and thus
we get rid of the normally not needed kstop threads.

The second patch converts the module loader/unloder code to the new
interface, since it needs a non-failing stop_machine infrastructure.

Looks like there are more users that need a non-failing version.
I'll take care of them when I'm back from vacation.