Re: suspend/resume fails on second attempt in LNXVIDEO:00

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 03:11:26 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
On Tue 2008-12-16 20:53:35, Matthew Garrett wrote:
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 06:07:15PM +0000, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:37:46 +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
I seem to be missing the original message, but: no, s2ram doesn't exist
in Ubuntu because pm-utils handles that role.
Well, that's *their* argument but lots of people think otherwise. There appears to be no shortage of people for whom pm-utils does NOT work yet s2ram does. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/uswsusp/+bug/134238
The right answer to "This piece of software contains bugs" is not "Provide two pieces of software with the same features but different bugs". The only real functional difference between the two is that

Yes, and that's why pm-utils should die: they have design problems
(depend on hal, can't be pagelocked, unusable for suspend debugging).
Pavel
When using ubuntu intrepid, s2ram
did work, but instead of grabbing
the package from ubuntu, I used Debian
SID instead. (I have a tendency of mixing
packages);

regards;

Justin P. Mattock