Re: Regression from 2.6.26: Hibernation (possibly suspend) brokenon Toshiba R500 (bisected)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Dec 04 2008 - 19:46:35 EST

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> >
> > There's a difference, though. It doesn't cause the resources flags to be
> > cleared for the cardbus bridge and the cardbus bridge gets the correct sizes
> > of both prefetchable and non-prefetchable windows (64 MB).
>
> Yes, true. In that sense, it minimizes the differences between the
> "working" and "nonworking" case.

Hmm.

One other issue: we've been looking mostly at MMIO, but another thing that
differs here is the PIO part.

Your patch only changes pbus_size_mem(), so what happens is that it avoids
allocating the prefetch window. But it still allocates the PIO window,
because pbus_size_io() is still run.

Maybe the PIO window matters? Any magic suspend registers are usually in
PIO space, not in MMIO space. Did /proc/ioports change, and if so, how?

Linus