Re: [RFC 2.6.27 1/1] gpiolib: add support for batch set of pins

From: Jaya Kumar
Date: Sat Nov 29 2008 - 18:05:06 EST

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 6:47 AM, David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In terms of low level primitives, I've already commented
> that the "read" side is missing. An additional issue came
> to mind: the policy of using contiguous bits should not
> be mandated here. It doesn't need to be, either ... just
> pass a mask of valid bits, along with a mask of values.

Agreed. Will implement read side. I think I agree with Eric and you on
the bitmask now. It should not add much complexity, I think. I'll work
on adding it. Given that _bus() isn't appropriate anymore, how does
"gpio_set_values" and .sets sound and correspondingly gpio_get_values
and .gets?

Thanks,
jaya