Re: Regression in 2.6.28-rc and 2.6.27-stable - hibernate related

From: Fabio Comolli
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 14:46:01 EST

Ok, I reproduced the bug with 2.6.27.7 without firewire. So the
firewire stack is innocent after all.
FWIW, it happened after the resume, as soon as I plugged the AC
adapter. The system became unresponsive for at least two minutes and
then "resurrected" as nothing happened. Nothing in the logs and the
dmesg is clean.

I ran out of ideas. I'm trying 2.6.27.4, the kernel then never showed
the problem.

I will also launch a full SMART test on my hd, in case it is the guilty.

Regards,
Fabio