Re: [patch 00/24] perfmon: introduction

From: Paul Mackerras
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 05:44:58 EST

eranian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> This new version, named perfmon3, uses only 5 system calls (instead of 12).
> Each call was carefully designed to allow for future extensions.

I notice that the userspace stuff in CVS assumes perfmon3 has 7 system
calls, the 5 added here plus pfm_create_sets and pfm_getinfo_sets.
Are you planning to add those two later (in which case we should
reserve the numbers now), or are you going to implement the
functionality of those two in pfm_write and pfm_read?

Regards,
Paul.