Re: [RFC] kreplace: Rebootless kernel updates

From: Jeff Arnold
Date: Sun Nov 23 2008 - 15:53:47 EST

> I suspect that it wasn't mainline?

OK. We're aware of that problem and are working on it ;)

> The usual problem is that it's much easier to get simple patches
> in than complicated ones.

Right. Unfortunately, if you make a hot update system's design too
simple, it can be dangerous and will potentially do more harm than good.

If there's anything that I can do to help people understand our code and
why we think that it's as simple as you'd want a hot update system to be,
please let me know.

Jeff Arnold
jbarnold@xxxxxxx