Re: i82875p_edac: BAR 0 collision

From: Jarkko Lavinen
Date: Sun Nov 23 2008 - 15:45:18 EST

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:01:52AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Might be an EDAC driver regression. It might also be a consequence of
> PCI address space management fiddlings, but I think most of the changes
> there post-date 2.6.26?

There were 3 issues:
1, PCI resources of the hidden overflow device had to be added separately
2. In nodule exit there is one more mci struct kobject put than
correspondig gets.
3. The edac_mc waitqueue must be stopped before the polled memory
area disappears.

Th attached patch fixes these problems. Module loads and removes now
without problems, with pci, edac, slab and kobject debug options
enabled.

i82875p code looks so simlar to i82875p that is has likely the same
ref count issues as i82875p.

Cheers
Jarkko Lavinen