Current state of Network Namespaces (NETNS, CLONE_NEWNET)?

From: Michael Kerrisk
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 16:50:05 EST

Sorry for the shotgun mail, but in the end, it's
not clear who can best answer my question(s).

I'm currently trying to add documentation of all of
the undocumented CLONE_* flags. One of these is
CLONE_NEWNET, and I could use (quite a lot of) help.

My questions:

What is the current state of the network namespace
implementation? Is it complete?

What objects are considered part of the network
namespace, and therefore distinct for a new network
namespace?

Is there any documentation for network namespaces
already?

Are there any test programs for network namespaces?

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/man-pages/man-pages.git