Re: pci_map_sg() does not coalesce adjacent physical memory? x86

From: Leon Woestenberg
Date: Tue Nov 18 2008 - 04:37:32 EST

Hello all,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 6:21 AM, James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 19:15 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
>> (cc's added)
>>
>> On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:54:33 +0100 "Leon Woestenberg" <leon.woestenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > pci_map_sg() does not coalesce the scattergather list for me on x86.
>> In which kernel version(s)?

2.6.24 for x86, and 2.6.27 for powerpc. Sorry, this is a bogus report:

I tried to isolate the scattergather implementation, thereby the dev
pointer got NULL, which results in different dma_ops.

I am bringing a freshly written driver upstream 'altpciechdma' for the
Altera FPGA PCI Express Chaining DMA reference design. Will probably
appear in staging RSN.

Thanks for the help,
--
Leon