Re: ACPI: EC: GPE storm detected, transactions will use polling mode

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 10:31:56 EST

Cool,
Then I'll just leave it as is
And move on to other tasks that I have. Thanks for the info and help

Regards;

justin P. Mattock

On Nov 16, 2008, at 4:44 AM, "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sunday, 16 of November 2008, Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
Justin P. Mattock wrote:
Well; reverting:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=06cf7d3c7af902939cd1754abcafb2464060cba8
is keeping the system from having a gpe storm
(for at least four hours now);
haven't had a chance to drain the battery and see
the affects from that scenario.

Justin, by decreasing threshold, we just change how often _detection_ of
the storm fires, not the storm itself.

Yes, I think what happens is that we just detect the interrupt storm with the
lower threshold, so the storm occured anyway previously, but it went unnoticed
(not necessarily a good thing).

There is nothing to worry about as long as the box works as expected.

Thanks,
Rafael