Re: Suspend to disk broken in latest 2.6.28-rc3

From: Bob Copeland
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 17:37:22 EST

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 1:37 pm Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 12 of November 2008, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> > A drm enabled kernel also hangs hard on resume (just see the mouse
>> > pointer) here on the x60. Removing drm makes it work just fine. 2.6.27
>> > works fine as well.
>>
>> Is there Intel graphics in there?
>
> Yeah I think so... I wonder if this is another case where a POST conflicted
> with the kernel's restore and caused X to hang...
>
> Jens, does suspend/resume work if you just do it from the console (echo mem >
> /sys/power/state) with i915 loaded?

Here's a "me too" for resume troubles in 2.6.28, MacBook Core Duo with i915
graphics. I'm about a week behind in my git tree though.

Probably unrelated, but in testing other stuff I noticed that 2.6.27.3 worked
whereas 2.6.27.4 does not. Reverting "ACPI Suspend: Enable ACPI during resume
if SCI_EN is not set" makes it work there. In 2.6.28-rc3, reverting the same
commit met with mixed success:

* resuming from X got me one successful resume after a long timeout,
and one resume with mouse-pointer-only
* resuming from console always worked

With the above mentioned commit, resume never worked.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com