Re: Suspend to disk broken in latest 2.6.28-rc3

From: Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer
Date: Mon Nov 10 2008 - 17:13:57 EST

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:42:39AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Trying with minimum drivers is likely to help here, and should be
> easier than bisect. Boot with init=/bin/bash, then try "devices" >
> pm_dest and disk > state...

Some progress with (2.6.28-rc4 this time)... I've booted with /bin/bash
as init: works.

Then I rebooted in single mode => works
Runlevel 3 => works
Runlevel 5 => doesn't work

In terms of devices, lsmod says the only differences between runlevel 3
and runlevel 5 are that both drm and radeon are loaded...

If I rmmod radeon and drm while X is running suspending the devices
works... I guess I don't have DRI enabled??? Just looked at the logs,
I guess I don't [1]...

Looking at a git log -p of gpu/drm/radeon shows lots of difference
between 2.6.26 and HEAD... I see a vblank change [2] that changes the
way the device is suspended, not sure if it really matters though...

Alex, Jesse and/or Dave can you think of anything before I bisect? FYI
my radeon is a:
ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500] rev 0,

Cheers,
Mathieu

[1]
(EE) RADEON(0): Static buffer allocation failed. Disabling DRI.
(EE) RADEON(0): At least 21263 kB of video memory needed at this resolution and depth.

[2] Commit 0a3e67a4caac273a3bfc4ced3da364830b1ab241
--
Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer mchouque@xxxxxxx
The sun itself sees not till heaven clears.