Re: 2.6.28-rc3 mem_cgroup panic

From: Badari Pulavarty
Date: Sat Nov 08 2008 - 00:01:37 EST

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki wrote:
KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki said:
Badari Pulavarty said:
Hi Balbir,

I was running memory remove/add tests in a continuous loop.
I get following panic in mem_cgroup migration code.

Is this a known issue ?

No, this is new one. We don't see panic in cpuset based migration..so..
Maybe related to page_cgroup allocation/free code in memory hotplug
notifier.

Thank you for report. I'll try this.

Hmm...at quick look...

online/offline page_cgroup's calculation for "start" is buggy..

-start = start_pfn & (PAGES_PER_SECTION - 1);
+start = start_pfn & ~(PAGES_PER_SECTION - 1);

I'm sorry I can't write patch today.

Regards,
-Kame

Thanks for the fix. Tests are running fine now.

Thanks,
Badari