Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] Fan level 7 after resume wit 2.6.28-rc3

From: Tino Keitel
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 10:32:28 EST

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 12:11:21 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

[...]

> and must set it to the higher of (saved, current) using this rule:
>
> fulll-speed > 7 > AUTO.

Maybe the level values should be changed to describe this order.
Currently, it's AUTO (0x80) > full-speed (0x40) > 7. There are already
29(!) functions just for the fan handling, so there should be enough
room for a bit of abstraction. :-) I think it could have the benefit of code
which is easier to read and maintain. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Tino