Re: [patch] sched: fix single-depth wchan output

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 01:59:46 EST

* Ken Chen <kenchen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > are you interested in adding /proc/<PID>/stacktrace? If yes then we
> > could remove fp generation for 64-bit right now and add your
> > stacktrace patch when you are done with it.
>
> Yes, we had a patch internally at google to dump task stack trace
> via procfs just like what you suggested. I will get that patch out.

very nice!

If it does stack walking manually then please update it to use
save_stack_trace() instead - that is the standard API that will
utilize the best possible stack walking machinery on the architecture
level.

For security reasons we want it to be admin-only readable, and we also
want a .config for it for the extra paranoid and for CONFIG_EMBEDDED.

Ingo