Re: [RFC] B+Tree library V2

From: JÃrn Engel
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 15:22:19 EST

On Wed, 5 November 2008 21:12:34 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 21:06 +0100, JÃrn Engel wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 November 2008 20:57:20 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > >
> > > That sounds fair, after all at least it limits the tree size, but I'm
> > > too lazy to calculate the worst case right now.
> >
> > Worst case you have a single entry next to a full node, then split the
> > full node, etc. So slightly more than 1/4 populated.
>
> That would be roughly 1/3, no? But it doesn't really matter much.

When entries/node approaches infinity it is 1/4. With 4 entries/node,
which is the smallest useful number, it is 3/8.

> How we going to synchronise this? I'm not in a hurry with this scanning
> code and I need to work on it still anyway.

I could create a git tree and ask for inclusion in -next. Or you could
combine it with your code. I slightly favor the latter, as a library
without any users is somewhat... useless.

JÃrn

--
When in doubt, use brute force.
-- Ken Thompson