Re: Long delays and keystrokes required - related to disk encryption?

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 10:14:25 EST

Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
In gmane.linux.kernel, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 08:23:27AM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
FTR, it seems fixed in 2.6.28-rc3 (I just git pull-ed the tree, so I
don't know which commit has fixed the problem)

Could anyone (Frans?) confirm this?
Hmhm ok, it's *not* fixed, it just appears a bit better, but it's
still slow and hangs during boot process until I type some random
keys.

I can confirm that (unfortunately).

Dell Latitude D630 amd64, Ubuntu Intrepid (8.10), unencrypted ext4 root
and encrypted (dm-crypt) ext4 /home.

I assume that if you add that return it also works?
(if not you have a totally unrelated issue)

one request to the folks on the mail who know it's fixed by the return;
can you send me your .config and dmesg and name of the machine?
(eg vendor/model)
I'm failing to reproduce and would like to get as exactly the same as you guys as possible...