Re: sharing interrupt between PCI device

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 19:28:43 EST

Nobin Mathew wrote:
Hi,

I think this question is already asked in this mailing list and Sorry
for asking this again.

My problem is this:

I have two PCI devices ( also two kernel drivers for those) which
shares the interupt. When I remove one driver other device stops
working, which is happening due to pci_disable_device () in removed
driver. This call is disabling the shared interrupt.

pci_disable_device shouldn't be disabling the interrupt line, at least not in this case. Without more details on the platform or drivers, it's difficult to say why this would happen.

We can avoid this by just removing the pci_disable_device () in the
driver, but i dont think this is a good way (correct me if I am
wrong).

Can you suggest some ways to overcome this issue.