Re: [git pull] IO mappings, #2

From: Jonathan Corbet
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 17:37:11 EST

Having looked at this some, I have one, tiny little suggestion:

> +With this mapping object, individual pages can be mapped either
> atomically +or not, depending on the necessary scheduling
> environment. Of course, atomic +maps are more efficient:
> +
> + void *io_mapping_map_atomic_wc(struct io_mapping *mapping,
> + unsigned long offset)

Should the documentation for this function (perhaps the
certainly-forthcoming kerneldoc comments :) mention loudly that this
function uses KM_USER0? This isn't kmap(), and doesn't look much like
it; someday some developer might get an ugly surprise when they try to
use that slot simultaneously for something else.

jon